Friday, April 29, 2005

The Natives are Restless

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm blogging today from Dallas, Texas. This morning, I turned on the TV and was flipping channels when I happened upon the local Fox station. They were showing video of W's and the Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah's stroll, hand in hand, through the wildflowers at his ranch. Over this video, the station was playing irate calls from Texans (presumably) fuming about what they characterized as pandering by Bush. The words "sickened" and "pathetic" floated out of my hotel room TV's speaker. One caller reminded us that the vast majority of the 9/11 hijackers and OBL are Saudis.

Obviously these facts, and the fact of the Bush family's tight relationship with the Saudis, are not new. A fat slob told us this last summer. I wonder why people here in Texas are so pissed off about it now?

No comments: