Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm Suffering from Severe Katrina Relief Backlash

and I'm doing something about it. There are tons and tons of wonderful organizations out there, both nationally and in your backyard that help people and are missing out on donations because of the largesse flowing to Katrina victims. The same problem confronted these organizations after the September 11 terrorist attacks and after the Indian Ocean tsunami.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't wish ill upon the people affected by Katrina, though I wonder about the intelligence of people that build on barrier islands and below sea level between a large lake and the Gulf of Mexico, not to mention the intelligence of people who subsidize such poor decisions. But I would like to try a little bit to help folks that are doing good things around the country and in my neighborhood.

If you can, please consider donating to some of these organizations...

The Nature Conservancy
American Cancer Society
Southern Poverty Law Center
ACLU
Georgia Justice Project
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund
Toys for Tots

or another worthwhile charity -- I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Thanks!

2 comments:

CTK said...

Finally, an update...

Good post. Mrs. Tort and I are making a point to match our donation to the Red Cross with a donation to another organization. I'm pushing for the Ho Train Society.

Anonymous said...

i'm suffering from severe no new dotblawg updates backlash.